post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

England Parking Sensors - Retro Fit

Chaps - First post but spent plenty of time researching this forum resulting in me buying a Mini One R50 for my daughter as her first car

One thing I want to add is rear parking sensors but unsure as where to place them on a Mini One rear bumper as they are different to the Cooper design.

Has anybody fitted them to an R50 and if so where did you place them? The kits are cheap enough off the bay and I know they work very well as I have a set on my Audi installed by the previous owner.

I'm sure I've read somewhere they need to be mounted to a (near) vertical bumper to prevent interference from the road which tends to rule out the lower section? And the upper section about the protruding central beam may be too high?

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.