MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini One Decat?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Noseypoke 
#1 ·
Heyy all

I have a 1.6 Petrol 2006 Mini one and im dieing to start doing bits too it just money being the issue -.- Just wondering if anyone has Decatted there's with the standard back box on what it sounds like and whether it is worth doing. Just haven't got the money for a Miltek or Playmini at the second. Just wanted to know if anyone has done it and whether its too loud or if you notice and power loss and whether it pops and bangs hahaha hope someone can help thanks for reading.

#3 · (Edited)
Computer controlled motors don't like add ons or take offs...you basically got to ask their permission lol.
Had a mate with a new Jag ..he ripped out the Jag stereo and fitted an aftermarket flip screen job..result ...the car refused to start!!
He had to get the local Jag dealership to transport his car to their workshop.
The result...£200 to get a tech guy on his big box o tricks to reprogram the cars computer to "ACCEPT" the aftermarket stereo.££££.
The one thing I don't like about modern cars is the dam computer runs just about everything if not all.
I'd love MINI to make a "NEW" one just for us oldies with a CARB. OH...and dump the air-con

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.