MINI Cooper Forum banner

Camber Plates VS Strut Tower Brace

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Milpol 
#1 ·
Hi All!

I've been doing a lot of research about MINIs and I can't really find a definitive answer when it comes to protecting strut tower mushrooming with either camber plates or STB or both.

My question is, if I do get camber plates (which is my plan in the future in the long run for negative camber) will it protect the strut towers enough so it won't be shroomed out? Or will I have to get STBs as well?

Mainly, I'm looking at the camber plates and STBs from Mini Madness. Looking forward to your replies! Cheers!

#2 ·
If your camber plates are the same or close to the same size as the stock shock tower mounts then they should be sufficient.

A strut tower brace is designed to brace the tops of the strut towers for MacPherson strut suspension amongst other types of design to reduce flex and they are not designed to prevent strut towers from mushrooming unless they have enough coverage area as an after thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.