I recently bought a 2005 MCS with 50K mileage. Iím wanting to boost its performance but wanted a good list to go by from folks that know. What would you suggest the top 10 performance upgrades would be? Brands would be helpful. If there is a thread already dedicated to this topic please share.
check out minitorque.com for performance related info on the mini all the below have more info on there
1. 15%/17% pulley plugs belt (KMT pulley ask 'Fisher' on here to help you out)
2. coilovers (KWs, FK, AP or better if you have the budget)
3. polybushings (superflex)
4. Janspeed manifold
5. JCW GP or GRS intercooler
6. Newman Camshaft, 550 injectors and Mynes tune
7. dave.f hybrid airbox.
8. lightweight wheels and non runflat tyres (OZs + toyo t1rs are pretty good combo)
9. R56 JCW brembo brake kit
10. reduce weight of car / styling stuff
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.