MINI Cooper Forum banner

DIY MCS R53 exhaust re-route pipe

18K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Shanos 
#1 · (Edited)
So today I fitted my own home made re-route pipe instead of taking it to somewhere (Powerflow for example) or buying a GTT pipe off the shelf.

And it was a total success!

Bought a 2.25" 90° stainless mandrel bend off eBay for £10.5 delivered and had the ends expanded at my local Powerflow dealer in Redhill (RSR Tyres @ 23-25 Brighton Road RH1 6PP) for FREE!! The ends were expanded to fit over the stock 2.25" exhaust at the engine end, and to fit inside the 2.5" exhaust at the 2nd box end. Basically both ends need to be very nearly the same size... the exhaust box end a tiny bit smaller than the engine end to slip inside the 2.5" exhaust.

I cut the exhaust off using a reciprocating saw with it all still on the vehicle and then cut a slot in the engine end of the re-route pipe to allow it to clamp down on the stock exhaust. I then cut a slot in the pipe leading to the remaining exhaust box to allow it to clamp down onto the re-route pipe and installed it with some exhaust sealing goo and a pair of clamps I had lying around.

Sounds the business!! And the total cost??? A massive £10.50!!

Anyone can do this themselves with a bit of know how :D

Pics to follow soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone can do this themselves with a bit of know how :D

Pics to follow soon.
Of course you can do anything, if you know how, and have the tools, or know where to get them, and dont mind getting dirty, and youre fit enough and not disabled, and have somewhere suitable to do it, its easy.

So perhaps not quite everyone, but I get what you mean.

And if youve got plenty of money you can alternatively get someone else to do it and watch them whilst youre having a coffee with your feet up :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.