MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini Cooper S Rebuild

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  marque 
#1 ·
Hi I am in the process of rebuilding my 2003 Cooper S,
My engine has been completely stripped down, new piston rings , reground crank etc.
I am in the process of setting up the timing chain Crank to camshaft, can anyone help, other than the manufactured marks (arrows) on the sprockets and the copper marks on the chain. I am not convinced I have the cam and crank in the right position,
everything I have read about refers to marking the pulleys when you strip it down, but I don't have these marks.
My concern is I am a tooth out or that the camshaft is 360 out sounds crazy I know.
Just want some conformation that what I am doing is right!
Cheers
Adam (Northants)

#2 ·
Hi I am in the process of rebuilding my 2003 Cooper S,
My engine has been completely stripped down, new piston rings , reground crank etc.
I am in the process of setting up the timing chain Crank to camshaft, can anyone help, other than the manufactured marks (arrows) on the sprockets and the copper marks on the chain. I am not convinced I have the cam and crank in the right position,
everything I have read about refers to marking the pulleys when you strip it down, but I don't have these marks.
My concern is I am a tooth out or that the camshaft is 360 out sounds crazy I know.
Just want some conformation that what I am doing is right!
Cheers
Adam (Northants)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.