MINI Cooper Forum banner

putting a charger onto a standard cooper

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  marque 
#1 ·
hey all, my girlfriend has a standard cooper (in black eyed purple) and i think it could do with a bit more "poke", so i was thinking of doing a supercharger conversion for her, other than the super charger + bracket, intercooler, air box, bonnet (scoop) and air feed pipes.

what else is there to get and how hard is it to install? could it be done in a day with two people?

#2 ·
Hi

It can not be done easily and not in a day for shore, there are to many differences between the w10 engine and the w11.
You will need to change the the following to make it work.

Cylinder head as the cooper valves are not good enough they will burn out.
Depending on year of your car the gearbox,clutch, drive shafts the early gearboxes can't even handle standard cooper power.
You will need intercooler and horns and brackets intake manifold map TMAP sensors
Move the battery or run a CAI
Depending on year you may need another ECM (engine control module) or recode yours as the timing and mapping is totally different
Engine Loom modifications
Pistons and rods
Water pump
Pulley tensoner

And the list goes on and it's a big list

It would be quicker and easier to change the engine
but tbh for what it will cost you to do all this you would be better of just buying an MCS of the correct spec

Have you done anything to the cooper at the moment like exhaust, exhaust manifold, head, cam, throttle body, better intake manifold and intake system, remap, brakes and suspension

But be ware these w10 are very weak when you start to tune them.

Guys have done it but it's been a massive expense and reliability problems

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.