MINI Cooper Forum banner

Pulley reduction 15-17-19 ?

8K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  marque 
#1 ·
I am wanting to do a pulley reduction but I dont want to spend the money getting a new intercooler as they are very expensive.

Will be my daily driver.

Im thinking ill just go for a 15% or should i just jump and get a 17. im assuming the 19% will produce to much heat or am i thinking about this all wrong.

#6 ·
ok awesome thanks guys. It sounds like i for sure should go for a 15%. As i really dont want to upgrade the ic.

I have read some people have been putting bigger hood scoops to capture more air but would that really make a huge difference or no ? it does look nice cosmetic wise but that might be the only advantage.

also @heathwebbo I currently use nothing less than 91 sometimes 92 just depends on the fuel station.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

#12 ·
Hi ya

If your going to run a pulley or any mods heat management is important, so any extra cooling air you can get in to the engine bay is good.
Also Any extra cold Air you can push though the ic through the scoop is good to.
With the pulley and plugs I would run the highest octane fuel available at the petrol station or you will melt your engine from it running lean. Or be very close to it you only need a slight hick up and your into melt down.

I know you don't want to change the ic but personal I would advise it. If it's the cost there are some good secondhand ones around.

You could if you wanted run a water meth injection system this will help you keep the air temps down. You could run a water meth system but only run water no meth

If you want to be safe buy an 11% pulley a good airbox and plugs it will most probably work as well if not better in high temps than a 15%

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.