LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 08:24 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Manifold or Remap??

i have just has my playmini exhuast fitted, sounds really nice but i want a bit more power out the car. Would buying a janspeed manifold be a better idea then a bluefin remap? both around the same price, which would give me more power and overall be better for the car?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRyanR50 View Post
i have just has my playmini exhuast fitted, sounds really nice but i want a bit more power out the car. Would buying a janspeed manifold be a better idea then a bluefin remap? both around the same price, which would give me more power and overall be better for the car?

thanks

Bluefin gets my vote

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 03:13 PM
MINI2 Regular

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRyanR50 View Post

thanks
It all depends on how much money you want to spend. From the mechanical engineering point of view, you should bring as much air and fuel as possible but also easier passage of exhaust gases out. So the sound of 4 cylinder engine to be fair if is not reving at 14000 rpm's is terrible. If you want power cheap then exchange manifold but the inside channels should be smooth and also do a ceramic coatingon of manifold on the outside to reduce thermodynamic losses (about 20 'C less loss in kW you will get around 2-4 kW). And than do a custom re-mapping on your hardware (injectors, intercoolers, turbo or compressor and exhaust) that is installed. Then you'll get the best ratio of invested and obtained.
nanotech likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.