MINI Cooper Forum banner

Please post your 0-60 or 1/4 mile times here, all MINI models/specs.

121K views 240 replies 96 participants last post by  Pepper'D 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

There's been a few threads on MINI over time about 1/4 mile run times and also 0-60 times of different MINIs.

I thought it would be good if we could start to try and compile people's different experiences.

I'd like to know results of timed 0-60 and/or 1/4 mile runs, and I'm sure a lot of others would like to hear too.

But please no "stop watch" figures, only results using testing equipment such as a member of the G-Tech family (http://www.gtechpro.com/) or the Race Technology range (http://www.race-technology.com/WebPage2/Products/Products.html) or a drag strip (http://www.santapod.com/), or other verified/trusted measuring device!

It would also be nice if people could post the specs of their car, the tempurature (if known), what mods have been done, fuel levels etc, so we can try and get an idea of how things really compare to each other.

This isn't a competition, but just a place to compile some facts that others might find useful. No "that's BS" or "mines better than yours" type talk please!

This isn't a "banter" thread either, sorry to sound a bit blunt, but we can discuss this thread and methods etc. elsewhere!

Thank you!

Also, in addition to this thread for 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, Andy has his own page of 1/4 mile times he's been compiling at:

http://www.ross-tech.net/andy/mini/...uartermile.html

That is for official drag strip times only, NOT those using other measuring/data capture tools.

See less See more
#27 ·
trax 2004 0 to 60 sprint

I only managed 7, 7.41 and 7.52 sec at silverstone trax 2004 yesterday. Should be doing low 6 secs see mods below

bbr 220 +quick silver cat back exhaust (8bhp) + janspeed 4 branch manifold (12 bhp) + pipercross intake (7 bhp) >> although cos it was hot, intake (29 degrees centigrade) increased the loss of power due to high temps hence the decline in times.

I also rode the clutch through out 1st. :(

fuel >> 3/4 full
17" tyres
base box in boot.

Planning to do times this w/e at silverstone mini show with both standard and pipercross filter to get a true comparison.

PS also getting there before noon to catch the sub 20 deg temperatures.

#28 ·
I have had my MCS for about 2 months now. Since then I have fitted a catback quicksilver exhaust.

The 0-60 time i achieved with one other passenger and 1/4 fuel was 6.97sec.

I am awaiting a 25% reduction pulley and chip from Cool New in Romford which is being fitted next friday. They say it will add 40bhp (£972), so will have entered the 200bhp club!!! :D
I am not too sure what times i may get then, any ideas?

17" S alloys
temp 20 deg

#32 ·
I'm just estimating, but woudn't a 22% reduction make the supercharger run at 20,000+ rpm?? I'm no expert at engine mechanics but I think that would discombobulate the supercharger....and shred a few belts....maybe even parts flying out through the hood...

:eek:

Please prove me wrong, cause I want a 22% reduction pulley....and get instant 40hp!! :D :D

#36 ·
TYRONE said:
I have had my MCS for about 2 months now. Since then I have fitted a catback quicksilver exhaust.

The 0-60 time i achieved with one other passenger and 1/4 fuel was 6.97sec.

I am awaiting a 25% reduction pulley and chip from Cool New in Romford which is being fitted next friday. They say it will add 40bhp (£972), so will have entered the 200bhp club!!! :D
I am not too sure what times i may get then, any ideas?

17" S alloys
temp 20 deg
6.97 with just a catback and 2 people on? Something is wrong. How did u get that figure?

#37 ·
DinkaDonka said:
5.94s , 15 pulley , re-map, 7k rev-limit, full milltek system & alta air intake , 17" team dynamics wheels , road tyres , very pleased

Dink
I got a 6.1 sec 0 to 60 , GGR conversion , Full Milltek Exhaust , Alta Indution Kit , 18" OZ Superleggeras ,Pirrelli P7000 tyres on front Toyos on back , lots of crap in me boot too very surprised and happy with the time.
Had a crap launch though , i think me and Dink after a few more goes could get a lot quicker time . Practice makes perfect :)

#39 ·
Just finished running a few tests runs with the car after having it MTH'ed. Previous best according to G-Tech was with 15% and stock ecu and stock suspension was 14.3 at 55 deg outside. Ever since i lowered the car i could never duplicate that time and to be honest they have been truer since. As in compared to when i took the car to the Strip. G-tech showed 14.7 strip showed 14.8. Waiting to go to the strip and back up the data i just got. but here is the data from the G-Tech this is the AVG of 5 runs.

ET .... 13.543
Speed. 114.02 mph
60' ..... 2.475 (spun first gear)
0-60mph..5.480
330"... 6.221
1/8..... 9.116 @ 87.44
1000' ..11.541

Temp was 50 deg

#40 ·
Hi Mugami,
those average times & speeds from G Tech ( ie 13.5@114mph) I would guess are very inaccurate?
The difference between your previous of say 14.4@ 95-100mph and the above would need another 100bhp (Especially the 114 terminal speed) .Maybe you have got 350bhp I dont know. I know mth is good but that good! Actually were taking our CS to Santa Pod this month .I think only proper drag strip times are accurate enough anyway.
Good luck ! Regards Roland GT Tuning.

#41 ·
Roland. I agree somewhat in that Strip time are more accurate thats why i stated cant wait to go to the strip to back up my data. On avg the G-Tech has been anywhere from as little as the .1 off as avertised to up to .6 off. Besides HP there's something else your not counting for either that could make it possible and that is Weight. The car has been lighten some 300 lbs Mostly rotating wieght since the 14.3 run. For when i go to the strip im estimating only a 14.1 - 14.3 at about 98mph. The other factors im counting in are outside Temp. and Heat soak for the IC. For the test runs i dont have either since there at night and i dont have to wait in line and after doing a burn out to heat the tires.

But since this thread is for G-Tech times. I do a 5 run avg so i dont have a one shot where the meter could have slipped down after the take off causing a false reading. As for best at the strip I've done it at 14.4 before so the 14.1 -14.3 isnt unreasonable.

#43 ·
Roland .. going to take this to PM's since this is suppose to be a non- banter thread.. so Paul if you want to delete this and my last post be my guess

#44 ·
Very dissapointing results at the Tucson Southwestern Int'l track:

Temperature: 74 F
Altitude: 3,100 ft.
ET... 15.64@91.2 mph
60' ...2,500 s.
1/8...10.15@72.5 mph

Serious traction issues with all my launches, all within .1 sec. I tried everything, but I couldn't get a 60' under 2.5...this is a very demanding track as most of Subarus WRXs (some of them heavily modified) were in the mid-high 14's and low 15's. Raced a couple of them and they just destroy me on the first 60'...what saved the day was the fact that my MINI was faster than those Subarus on the last 1/8 mile.
Same WRXs were doing low mid 13s on the Phoenix track with no altitude/temperature/compound issues.
On top of that, my Gtech was showing some very optimistic results. On that 15.64@91.2 run showed a very optimistic 14.8@98 mph... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Next day I dynoed the car at APEX R Motorsports and I got a dissapointing 175.6 hp at the wheels. Yes, it was HOT, and the fan was blowing hot air at a room temperature of 90-95 degrees, but with the mods I have, I was expecting somewhere around 190hp at the wheels, wich translates to 215-220 at the flywheel. 175 whp should be around 200 fhp. I was mad. :mad: Could the answer be that my DT 210 conversion was in fact a 190hp conversion? I'm pretty sure that my Madness CAI and my Borla race are giving no less than 10 whp altogether... :confused:

#45 · (Edited)
Any chance people could supply tyre sizes and make/models?? And suspension mods? cause they make a real difference when it come to 0-60times.... its all traction and weight shift!

Oh forgot to meantion! Road surface aswell. A drag strip should produce far better times than an ordinary road. Thats why I do testing where there is anti skid at traffic lights!

#46 ·
BOYR4CER said:
Any chance people could supply tyre sizes and make/models?? And suspension mods? cause they make a real difference when it come to 0-60times.... its all traction and weight shift!
OEM Pirelli Eufori@ 205/45 17 on OEM S-Lytes
KW V2s coilovers
Weight: 2,642 lbs without me(1/4 tank), 2,824 lbs with me.

#49 ·
Went to Santa Pod Raceway yesterday for our 'debut'runs.
Ambient 18degrees C.dry but cloudy,moderate/strong headwind plus uphill 3ft over the quarter!

SPEC GT TUNING LTD Cooper S:
GTT Cold Ram '360 degree' Intake, GTT Large Throttle body,
GTT Stage 2 Cyl Head &Manifolds ,GTT Modified OE header with one cat removed, GTT Re-route pipe on OE exhaust (deletes one silencer),GTT Camshaft(With adjustable timing) GTT 15psi pulley plus GTT Idler pulley,GTT knife edged Snoot,
STD intercooler, STD V37 Map,
OZ 17" Wheels with Road Legal tyres , ie Dunlop Sport DO1J (Hardest compound)
STD Diff, Pump fuel (UK97 Ron ,US 94?)
WEIGHT : STD less substitute wheels /tyres&rearseat out.
TIMES Best Quarter mile 14.21secs @99mph ,(also other 14.2's.)
Best terminal speed 100mph ,Best 60 ft 2.4secs
Regards Roland GT Tuning

#50 ·
Just did a few last runs after Downloading the lastest Firmware from G-tech which include a higher sampling rate amoung other fine tuning for the G-tech competition. Also due to bending 2 of the Centerline Impulse(11.5lbs) rims i ordered new Voluction(16.lbs) rims which added 4 lbs per rim to the car. Also running (new) 205/40/17 Nexen N3000 tires vs (old) 215/40/15 Cooper Zenons. On the chart Run 3 is using the old software which even i claim was optimistic by up to .5 and on the new runs the EST 1/4 i mark on the test track would end before the G-tech did so i was chopping the throttle before it was over then getting back on it. Also had full interior with 110 lbs sub box in the back so im pls with the results

Attachments

#51 · (Edited)
For mods I have as follows, Scorpion cat back exhaust, Alta high flow cold air intake, Pilo 40,000 volt coil packs, Fire Wire 8.5mm plug wires, NGK plugs gapped to .065.

THE RUN
I ran it on a G-Tech SS. The temp was 28F, tires were cold, engine and intercooler were warm, just myself in the car with a half tank of gas. The cars weight was 2920(on a real scale at the local concrete company).

THE TIME

1/4-15.27@91.2MPH

0-60-6.78

Net TQ-125

Net HP-140

Gs-.54

:mad: It's still too slow!! I need to get more mods!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.