MINI Cooper Forum banner

'03 JCW S misfire/stutter/ jerk under heavy throttle load please help

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  NWsnhd 
#1 ·
Hello all please help me. I've bought a works and it really struggles at times under heavy throttle application. I know some can have the jerk but this is way beyond it. Acceleration suffers big time and I recently got the exclamation point in triangle light come on. After a twenty minute journey the fans stayed on for several minutes. I've made a video of the engine idling that I will try and upload.

I took the car to BN dynamix today who were great and plugged him in for free but guess what, no fault codes. It was fine on the drives there and typically flared up on the way home. I'd need to leave the car there for a couples of days but I was hoping some experts on here may be able to help too

Thanks for reading

#4 ·
Nearly 500 views and no thoughts?

I've tried the bypass valve it's very difficult to open fully, but it springs straight back...

Really dies at high RPM's on full throttle. Engine management light comes on and mysteriously the traction control off lights up and won't turn off either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.