MINI Cooper Forum banner

4WD for all MINIs ?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  AppleBarrel 
#1 ·
German car magazine "auto motor und sport" is reporting that from MJ 2009 on four wheel drive will be an option for all Minis: Coupé, Cabriolet and Clubman.

Can anyone confirm this?

:)

#2 ·
From what I've been told this is not true, the only plan for use of 4wd is on the R58 Colorado MINI project at this present time.

Obviously they are just guessing or got their wires crossed based on this information, but who knows what the future holds, things change but its not planned at the moment.

#3 ·
I think they have jumped the gun a bit. Rakey sounds like your more likely to be right TBH. I would think that it is a defo possibility for future generations of the S to have 4x4 like the R32 and other high performance hot hatches and saloons now have.

R

#6 ·
I too would love one, always pestering my friends at MINI that they should suggest it or tell me if they ever hear of any plans to do a JCW AWD, which is the model I'd have expected it to arrive on first, but they still keep saying its not on the current schedule for models:eek:

#10 ·
and there view of the article is that its nothing concrete and should be filed as a rumour as I had said;)

TBH the AWD system has been available for a while now, just not used in production, so I think it will be sometime before its a box to tick on the spec sheet:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.