MINI Cooper Forum banner

Who's driven the most miles? - HWS has over 317,000!

175K views 541 replies 164 participants last post by  Tigger Eeyore & Roo 
#1 ·
I saw an article on MSN about cars driven for a million miles or more. :aargh:

MINIs have been around less than a decade, but someone may be approaching that mark. So who has the most miles so far?

I'll edit this first post to add the current winner as they post. ;)

I'll start, easy one to beat: My GP has around 6,000 miles. :D

#15 ·
Well, someone told me I'd been mentioned in this new thread. So, I checked.

I'm the Wisconsin guy who, as of today, has 227,000 miles on my 2002 MINI Cooper.

That's no big deal really: - I only have this one car so it gets All my miles, Winter and Summer -
and - I'm an 81 year old retired engineer, so I've got lot's more time to drive than you young folks.
I'm all alone now, no lawn to mow, no big dog to rush home to feed; - I kinda "got it made".

I've always loved to drive - and did it for 45 years before the MINI in Great German Cars.
But, I've Never had a car This Good - or This Much Fun to drive; - just can't stay out of this thing!

I could go on and on telling of the unbelievable reliability and absence of problems w/ my MINI.
But, sun's shining; - another great sunroof day; - and a lot more of this glorious world to see!

'Bye.

#21 ·
Congratulations, HWS! That's some mileage, and it inspires me to keep my Mini. I was concerned that reliability might be a problem. Indeed, it might, but I think I'll just keep it serviced properly and see what happens!

I was considering getting an Alfra Romeo, where reliability problems are pretty much guaranteed, so sticking with the Mini may be wise.

Oli

#25 ·
Thank You, YellowMININY !
I'd not have known about the planned 2008 Coast-to-Coast MINI Drive without your help.

I'm truly interested - and just asked them to save me a spot if still possible.
I'll try to stay "In Training" till then.
So, can't talk any more now.
Gotta Go.

'Bye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.