MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mot

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Scrogg 
#1 ·
my wifes mini failed its MOT at williams rochdale because it did not have the number plate suppliers postcode on what do you think

#5 ·
Ive never heard of that one !
Had mine MOT'd today and there is no postcode on front or rear plates.

Even my old black cooper (See pic to the left has show plates which are incorrectly spaced passed the MOT)

#15 ·
It was a requirement since a while back. Correct reflectivity, spacing, font, size, decals (only allowed GB and euro) and manufacturer details. However due to a problem with some system or other not being rolled out the MOT centres were told to forget it for a while. Some still do the test, some dont. Wether they have now all recieved the correct paperwork, tools and training could explain why you were caught.

basically they were right to challenge you/fail the car. Cloned and illegal plates is a major issue in this country at the moment for the cops. My car just scraped through but for the next MOT i'll have to fit bog standard halford plates (mine is legal spacing, letters size and font and reflectivity. But it has a MINI bage on the left edge and dbrally.net where the postcode of manufacturer is supposed to be, so technically it should fail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.