MINI Cooper Forum banner

Help, Advice, Suggestions!

932 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  iain cooper 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Havent posted for a while as I've been too busy driving my lovely R56 Cooper S with a big fat grin!!!

Anyway... I have decided that its time for a change but as i'm so in love with the mini brand..the choice is clear that I want another mini.

The contenders - the R56 John Cooper Works (an upgrade on my current S, mainly in terms of speed and obviously a couple of athestic changes even though my current S has an aero kit and JCW wheels)

OR the new R57 Cooper S Cab (an upgrade in terms of open top driving (have sunroof on my current S) but downgrade on the speed. But how significant is the 0.3secs?)

With regards to spec, both would be highley loaded with options and both would be similar in price.

Now the tough part....I do a lot of motorway driving and thus wouldn't enjoy driving a convertable which was noisy and felt flimsy (from what I've been told a common probem with the R53 convertable) however the new Cooper S convertable is meant to be much better built and thus shouldn't suffer from noise. However things like blind spots and possible roof leakages scare me a bit!

Another important factor for me would be the loss in speed from my current car to an r56 convertable S....the 0-60 figures speak for themselves but how much slower does the convertable feel from the hatch? Obviously if I was getting a works then the speed would be frightengly fast and wouldnt be an issue.

So the ultimatum is what do I do?

A JCW hatch
or
A R56 S cab?

Your advice is greatly appreciated in advance!

Warm Regards

Chilipack:D:D:D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.