MINI Cooper Forum banner

Searching Vehicle Information

38K views 41 replies 31 participants last post by  alexiseayy 
#1 ·
Here's the information listed for my MINI by the BMW VIN Decoder:
Series (translated to Generation), Model and Production Date (as Build Date) information should be saved in your Profile, so others can reference it when trying to answer questions you may have about your MINI.

How does your VIN decode?

Who's got the earliest built MINI?

What does the Model field say for a GP model? for a Works model?

I used SnagIt to capture the above information removing the chassis number information.

If you have screen capture software please post an image of the VIN Decoder information for your MINI :)

:google: free screen capture software

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
My MINI VIN gave this:

Vehicle code: RC32
Series: R50
Model : Cooper
Body type: coupe
Catalog model: ECE
Production date: 2001 / 07
Engine: W10
Transmission: Unknown
Steering: Right
Catalyzer: YES

Was it one of the first Coopers? One of the first with red kaleido interior and red door lining? What I would really like to find out it what number it was off the production line, but I'm not sure if this is possible...?

#19 ·
Brake upgrade

Hi not sure if anyone can help. I have just purchased a 54 plate 1.6 john cooper works edition. The front brakes have warped and need new discs. They have upgraded the brakes by the looks of it. It currently has MG F pads on it but still has the JCW callipers and the discs are 302mm, 4 studs and 64.5 centre holes, they are vented and drilled. Cannot seem to find any brakes similar anywhere, can anyone help please? Thanks