MINI Cooper Forum banner

Plastic Clips on sides of convertible roof broken

10K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sharpster74 
#1 ·
I've just bought my first MCS. It's an 09 and is blooming marvelous.
Anyway, earlier I noticed that when I put the hood up the back of it was slightly folded up on the passengers side. Upon further inspection I discovered that the plastic clip that secured the roof to the car was broken. Looking at other forums this appears to be a common problem. My car is now unfortunately out of warrenty. There does appear to be a repair available for this but is this a costly repair? I don't really want to have to replace the whole roof for such a little problem and probably couldn't afford to right now.
I've only had the car a couple of days so could probably take it back to the car showroom I bought it from but I really like the car and would much rather keep it if it was easily and cheaply repairable (preferably free). Has anybody else had experience with this problem? It's a long shot but I'm guessing the TLC package that came with the car won't help me with this problem. The car also came with a three month warrenty from the showroom that I bought it from so I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see if they will resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.