| | Unlock your obc
So I am trying to unlock my OBC's full potential without heading down to a dealer who will ask for a £100+to do a simple flash on it.
After a short search I found this which I quote:
1) First, get your VIN number and add up the last 5 numbers to make a 2 digit code. Write this down/remember it.
2) Sit in your car, door closed, keyfob out.
3) Hold the odometer reset button on your rev counter and whilst holding this down put your keyfob in.
The display will show "VIN" n the main screen and "01.__" (01 being the first menu) in the small square window above. As soon as you see this quickly keep pressing the odometer reset button to scroll through the menu numbers (01.__, 02.__, 03.__, etc) until you land on menu 19 and then wait for the display to change.
4) Menu 19 will show "Lock:On" and a code entry beneath it. Using the button on the left/indicator stork, cycle through and enter the 2 digit code derived from your VIN as in step 1. When entered, press and hold the odometer reset counter for around 15 seconds until the display resets back to the main screen showing your mileage, etc.
5) Now press the start button on your car to power it up (dont need to turn on the engine) and cycle through the menus as you normally would - if the unlock was successful you'll now see a few more options available.
***Couple of things to point out: Although menu 19 allows you to unlock a few features, you can access other menus and diagnostic information from the 21 available menus during the unlock process - I personally wouldn't muck about with these, but if you do happen to cock anything up, menu 21 will allow you to reset all settings back to default.
Now I did all that and successfully unlocked the no.19 menu. Although I could see my Avg/Speed, Avg/Consumption, etc through the menus. When I switched to my home screen again (still with Lock:OFF on menu 19) I could not access any of them through my OBC button apart from my usual Speed/Temp.
Sorry for the long post but I hope to find a solution for everyone. When I do I will post a video with details about it for future use.
So anyone that knows please reply.