MINI Cooper Forum banner

2nd Gen parts On 1st Gen?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mab01uk 
#1 ·
Is there any parts from the newer mini that you can put on a '52 mini? Thinking about changing my rear lights (ones clouded) and wish i could change the chrome front to the newer style but not sure if its possible, Also anyone know of any good bodykits that fit a '52. Thanks

#2 ·
Its a bit awkward theres not many bits that will swop.
Although the Gen1 and Gen 2 cars look very similar its only when you get them side by side you can see just how different they are.
A BMW MINI mechanic told me that virtually every part is different, so I dont know how accurate that is.
You might be albe to change the rear light units, but the bulbs etc will be in different places and the latest cars have LED brakelights so the wiring will be different, so not a straight swop and the headlights on Gen 1 cars are fixed to the bonnet and on Gen 2 fixed to the body so they wont swop at all.

#3 ·
As said practically every body panel is a subtley different shape, as is all the black plastic trim, wheel arches, sills, bumpers, window glass, the rear light apertures are different size and shape.

Some suspension/braking components and front seats can be swapped with minor mods as the basic floorpan chassis/platform is similar.

Try NewMiniStuff for some new upgraded rear lights for 1st gen Mini:
NewMINIStuff.com

or for cheaper secondhand try:
Mini Spares UK - Mini Spares UK

MiniMatt|BMW|MINI|Modifications|Parts|Spares|Service|Tuning|Repairs|Racing

BMW MINI Spares | BMW MINI Spares Ltd.

Bodykits, the original BMW option R50/53 MINI Aero-kit is a reasonable price and looks good, if you can still find one........or how about this for more expensive:
lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.