MINI Cooper Forum banner

Album artwork and Videos help!

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wulliecoutts 
#1 ·
Hi,

I know there are some older threads on here kind of about the same subject but they are so long I'm getting confused...

I have just picked up my new MINI which has the visual boost screen and basic bluetooth. The dealership gave me the "correct" Y cable and was told that artwork and videos would definately play on the screen (for video if the car is stopped with handbreak up).

The artwork doesn't show at all and the video seems to show but its completley black but I can hear the sound. :puzzled:

Does anyone know how I can fix this as It's really annoying :)

Thank you! x

#2 · (Edited)
videos are black

i have a london 2012 with visual boost and basic bluetooth ,
i think i know the problem , change the ipod video settings to nstc instead of pal

:). i have tried a cheap lead from ebay but had to end up getting the proper lead from the dealership , plus BE CAREFUL THERES A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT LEADS ,,! i have the videos working in colour now also be careful the aux in cable is 4 pole not the usual 2 pole. i have ordered extension leads to get the ipod in the glovebox
to expand a bit on the genuine leads , the first one the parts dept gave me didnt work so a nother parts dept guy took my serial number then fetched the correct lead , they looked similar but the corect lead had a y look to it where as the wrong lead had a rectangle moulded box in line with the cables
i have found that my ipod classic does revert back to " pal" video setting . make sure you select ncts from the video settings menu on the ipod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.