MINI Cooper Forum banner

Clutch Replacement

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Lav 
#1 ·
I don't post often I am more of a reader and searcher but today felt compelled to.

So, the clutch release bearing started to get noisy on my 2002 Cooper (79k) miles. After much research and having a quote of £600 for fixing I decided to try Minigearboxes.co.uk as recomended on this forum.

I live in Cheltenham and they are up in Coventry so about an hour away. I phoned John on Thursday and he was able to fit me in this morning. The clutch literally died completely as I pulled into his yard. Anyway to cut a long story short 2 hours and £240 later new clutch installed also couple of clips put on CV boot and general check over of the car along with a couple of bits of advice.

Fantastic service which I cannot fault the car feels brand new obviously the clutch had been playing up for a while. John's card machine had packed up whilst I was there I offered to go and get cash, his response was don't worry get on your way and ring me later with your card details. He has restored my faith in humanity and I would recommend his work without hesitation.

Very Pleased :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.