Intercooler - MINI Cooper Forum

General Discussion Use this forum to discuss MINI topics which are not related to other forums. Posts may be moved from here to alternative forums by the moderators without notice

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2014, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:45 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cyprus

Intercooler

Hello guys i hope everyone its ok. i was searching on ebay for an intercooler for my mini cooper s r53 2004 model and i found one which Tube and Fin Core are in the front not to the top is a little difficult to explain as i can post the link because i m new to the forum. i m going to put the discription maybe someone undertand what i found.
Bar and Plate Intercooler functions identically to the Tube and Fin Core, with the exception that, charged air travels through its rectangular shaped passages, which have more surface area; thus, improves cooling effect and power of the charged air. The advantage of this type of intercoolers is that, since the bar and plate core affords up to 35% larger surface area for cooling, a physically smaller intercooler can be used and still retains the cooling efficiency of a larger tube and fin design. This is important for a builder who has a vehicle with a compact opening on the top of it or when there are immovable obstructions present.

Item Specification

Item Condition: Brand New
Material: High Quality Full T-6061 Aluminum Durable Construction
Color: Aluminum
Intercooler Size: 16.750"L x 3.000"H x 6.000"W
Core Size: 10.500"L x 3.000"H x 6.000"W
Inlet/ Outlet: 4.125" x 1.750" (Oval)/ 5.625 x 1.375 (Oval)
Thickness of the Boots (Hose): 3-AN
High Performance Bar and Plate Turbo Racing Design
Unlike Stock Intercooler, Core Opening in Front and Bar instead of Top and Bottom;
i.e. Better Air Flow and Cooling Effect
Helps Reducing Engine Inlet Temperature with Better Efficiency than Stock
Allow More Horsepower at the Same Boost Level and Even More Power at the Higher Boost Level
3-PLY Design Silicone Boots for Easy Installation, High Heat and Pressure Tolerance and Durability

Anyone try this, any opinions ?

thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 2014, 03:24 PM
JCW 250

Local Time: 07:45 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View Keano's Solid Black & Body Color 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View Keano's Classified Ads

Im assuming you mean something along these lines: M7 Direct Flow Intercooler System (DFIC) | M7Tuning.com

That style is poor - don't waste your time. Think of the cross sectional area that cool air will impact on the IC... much much smaller cf the more usual top mount.

JCW GP intercooler or a GRS intercooler are tried and tested good upgrades - if you can get W/M then that would be my choice with the GP IC.

Running 211whp

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.