MINI Cooper Forum banner

R57 2010 model. Daytime Running Lights?

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  romeo15 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've just purchased my first mini so forgive my ignorance. It's a Mini Cooper S Convertible, 2010 with Xennons, and fog lights. no auto light function, just manual light operation.

I would like to know if it's possible to have the side lights (just above the fog lights, in the same casing) to come on all the time as daytime running lights? I've seen in other discussions there is a "daytime running light" option to be switched on, but I don't have this option on my car. (although if I did have this option, other discussions suggest it just turns on the Xennons?)

I also have the Navigation option, so all menus are done via the main screen. In "lighting" my only option is "3 signal turn" and "home lighting" nothing about daytime running lights - even my manual says there should be an option here.

Is this something that can be programmed in via OBD2 or mini dealer?

Many Thanks for your help

#2 ·
If you set the DRL menu option to 'on' you will get the dipped headlamps coming on whenever the ignition is switched on, not the sidelights. Switching on the sidelights in the daytime is really no more than decoration, as they won't be seen any more easily than the car itself.

If you want to switch on the DRL menu option, it is done via the menu in the tacho, using the indicator stalk button, even if you have a visual boost screen. It is one of the options under item 6, the key with a tick:

Attachments

#3 ·
If you set the DRL menu option to 'on' you will get the dipped headlamps coming on whenever the ignition is switched on, not the sidelights. Switching on the sidelights in the daytime is really no more than decoration, as they won't be seen any more easily than the car itself.

If you want to switch on the DRL menu option, it is done via the menu in the tacho, using the indicator stalk button, even if you have a visual boost screen. It is one of the options under item 6, the key with a tick:
Hi Angib,

Thanks so much for your reply on this. Unfortuntely It just doesnt seem to be in the menu, anywhere. I've tried with engine on, off, doors open, closed etc. Nothing. I get the Check, Service menu, clock set, date set and home button. No other options. Other options appear on the big screen in the speed counter, but no daylight running light option. Very strange.

#4 ·
I think you have to scroll through (ie, short button press) items 2 to 6 above and select number 6 (ie, long button press) when you get a submenu that includes things like auto-locking and triple turn signals, as well as the DRL option.

Those menus need to be approached like a Minotaur's cave - tie a piece of string round the steering wheel and unwind it behind you so that you you can get out of the menus again when you are done.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.