MINI Cooper Forum banner

Body Flex - roof wont raise !

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  The Nun 
#1 ·
I had a bit of a shock after a pleasant drive home with the roof down.
I parked across my very steep drive and the roof partially raised and then stopped . It would not raise or lower - just as rain clouds started to appear .

I then drive the car onto the (flat) road and hey presto roof raised ok .

So my question is does the body flex on a convertable when parked across an incline to such an extent that roof will not raise .

Or do I have a roof issue .

Has anyone else experienced this ?

#2 ·
No, that's standard. Admittedly I've never got either of mine (1 Convertible, 1 Roadster) to stop partway, but the roof not being able to get the latches to do up is not that rare.

An interesting glitch on my Roadster roof yesterday was that I put the windows up just before putting the roof up and that totally confused the car, so it failed to drop the windows a couple of inches when raising the roof. Man, trying to manually close the Roadster roof against the door window seals just wasn't possible (and I weigh nearly as much as the car, so I'm not short on welly) and I had to give in a drop the windows a bit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.