MINI Cooper Forum banner

Union Jack wing mirrors on Pepper White?

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  The Nun 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I bought my first car (and first Mini) a couple of months ago, a 2012 Clubman. It's Pepper White with a black roof, black rims, and black bonnet stripes.

I'm in the process of making the car "mine", and my first step is to change the black wing mirror caps.

My first thought was to go for the Black Jack caps as these colours seem quite a nice match for the car. But, I've now been tempted to go with something a little brighter, namely the normal Union Jack covers.

My only worry is that they may be quite a clash with the other colours on my car.

Does anyone have any experience or pictures of the Union Jack colours with the Pepper White and black? Or does anyone have any thoughts on my choice.

A third choice is to go for the chrome wing mirrors as they would match the chrome interior and exterior on the car...but I am tempted to make my car a little more British/classic.

All feedback and input would be greatly appreciated :)

See less See more
#5 ·
I my opinion if your car its white with a black roof then if you want to change the mirror caps I would go with something like a black and white racing flag check design, I think the Union Jack doesnt like right with the white/black body colour scheme.
Chrome is a bit chav on the mirrors. again thats what I think, others will no doubt love it.
Only my opinion, you do as you like, dont bother what other folk think, otherwise we would end up without any personal individuality.

#10 ·
I believe pepper white is a slightly creamy white whereas the chequered flag wing mirrors have a purer white. If the dealers have any in stock or on display I can't see them objecting to holding them on to your wing mirrors while you decide if you like them. When we used to have large meets I always thought chequered flag or union jack mirrors looked good on any colour Mini.

#11 ·
Thanks for you comments - that's my concern exactly. Had the car been pure white, it'd be no issue matching pretty much any colour on the car...but as it is pepper white (creamy white, as you correctly write), I'm just a little interested in how standard white measures up against pepper white.

I'm not sure how I can otherwise test the combination without having to spend a bit of money on a 'test part' to physically see the difference. Doesn't seem too many have a picture of the white/pepper white combo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.