Panoramic sun roof issues /problems - mini head office reply. - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > All Models & Variants > General Discussion

General Discussion Use this forum to discuss MINI topics which are not related to other forums. Posts may be moved from here to alternative forums by the moderators without notice

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PANORAMIC SUN ROOF ISSUES -I'm in talks with Mini Head Office UK PLEASE READ/CONTACT LadyUK General Discussion 53 Aug 9th, 2014 12:47 PM
MINI UK Head Office - Panoramic Sunroofs Addressed LadyUK General Discussion 5 Nov 23rd, 2013 12:53 PM
Panoramic Sunroofs Issues, Queries, Problems etc LadyUK Second Generation MINI Cooper S 0 Nov 15th, 2013 03:43 PM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 05:34 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 01:14 PM
United Kingdom Female
Thumbs up Panoramic sun roof issues /problems - mini head office reply.

Hi Everyone,

Some or many of you may have seen and read my other and on-going topic on Panoramic Sunroof Issues and my being in talks with Mini Head Office.

I have spent time in looking at this issue seeing that it affected me and many more members and decided to contact Mini Head Office to address the panoramic roof issues and the fact many of us think its a design fault or perhaps down to built and quality (or both).

I arrived home to this current email reply today from Mini Head Office c/o Ms Alka Sidar and an answerphone message for me to contact her. I hope to contact her tomorrow or Friday.

In the meantime - the reply:

Dear Mrs __________

Thank you for your emails addressed to Tim Abbott, Managing Director, and Richard Price, After Sales Director, BMW Group UK. I note your request for Mr Abbott to respond to you directly, and I would reiterate as per my previous email as Customer Service Manager for BMW Group UK I am appointed by Mr Abbott along with the Board of Directors to investigate and respond to all customer escalations.

Customer satisfaction is important to us - I was therefore sorry to read the observations surrounding the MINI Cooper sunroof you have kindly brought to our attention, it is certainly disappointing to note the experiences of other MINI owners. However, I am sure you will appreciate as you act as an unauthorised body – I am unable to respond or provide comment towards customer’s concerns referred to in your email. However, the number of concerns you have provided have been escalated to our Technical team for further internal review.

I note that through research and feedback you believe the sunroof operation with the MINI Cooper to be a common fault. I can assure you based on the factual data collated through our network of dealers, this has not presented an influx of a component regularly failing. Of course we would issue free of charge remedial work in the form of a quality enhancement or recall should this be the case. Neither of these have been issued for the MINI Cooper and I can also confirm that we do not have an inherent fault with the component in question.
In closing, I am sorry that you have had cause to write to us and I trust that the information provided clarifies our position on this matter.

Kind regards

BMW Group UK

Alka Sidar

Customer Service Manager B1-UK-A-7
Ellesfield Avenue
Bracknell

RG12 8TA
Tel: +44 (0)1344 426565
Mail to: alka.sidar@bmw.co.uk
URL: New Cars by BMW - BMW Award Winning Luxury Cars 2014

Once I have spoken with Ms Sidar, I hope for a return call (I have left a message on the answer phone) from Mr Tim Abbott's CEO excutive . I have also sent another email to Tim Abbott's personal email address.

As matters have apparently been passed to Mini's Technical Team, I hope to be able to speak with them seeing they are prepared for their internal review.

I feel if Mini are willing and prepared to give this matter a fair insight, I hope that any member who has panoramic issues and or problems (past and present) get in contact with me asap.

I will forward their issues, problems, experiences and findings as some members have already but those members who are not pro-active (just watching the forum topic) to be now be pro-active and let me have their issues, problems, experiences and findings.

We are a recognised UK Club. Now is your chance to help me get your panoramic issues and problems to Mini Technical Team.

Several members who have already contacted on the forum with their past and present experiences along with myself carry some weight and thankfully enough to get a reply from Mini Head Office and their willingness to take matters to their Technical Team for an internal review, but I need, want and require more members to come forward. The more members that care to contact, the more weight behind this panoramic design fault issue to present to the Mini Technical Team.

Without more support, I and the rest of the members that have given support to this issues will have given all we can.

It is UP to YOU.....please come forward and add your support of your own panoramic roof issues and problems on the forum topic (in General Discussion) on this topic and strengthen matters much more so.

Thank You.

Last edited by LadyUK; Aug 6th, 2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: add details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement