08 automatic mini S issues starting in the morning - MINI Cooper Forum

General Discussion Use this forum to discuss MINI topics which are not related to other forums. Posts may be moved from here to alternative forums by the moderators without notice

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:04 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

08 automatic mini S issues starting in the morning

So I got my 2008 mini s about a year ago. Recently it has been giving me quite a bit of issues. The previous owner had not done anything to take care of the engine. So I've had to replace the battery, coils, spark plugs and fix the contraption that holds the timing chain (I'm not a car savvy person so I apologize).
It ran well for awhile but now it takes 3-10 starts to get it to actually start and different garages give me different answers (one says fuel injector, another says carbon cylinder build up).
The problem Only occurs from a cold start, once I get it started I have no issues the rest of the day. Also the problem gets worse if it has been raining a lot.
So I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what the issue could be, maybe someone else has had similar issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply