MINI Cooper Forum banner

Can't post in Classifieds

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jonny_5 
#1 ·
Firstly, apologies if this post is in the wrong section.

As the title suggests, I cannot post my Mini for sale in the classifieds section. Every time I log in and select the 'Classifieds' link, it seems to log me out so I cannot post anything - even when I log back in!

I have emailed support, who asked me to message an admin (which I thought I was doing anyway) but after spending a good 15 mins trying to find out who they might be, I am still none the wiser in how to contact them directly.

Is this a problem with my account? Has something on my profile not been activated or something?

#2 ·
FWIW I found to my chagrin on two other forums (that I've continually supported for around 5yrs) that you have to have a minimum post count (~50) before you can use these classified sales facilities.

Being on ~ post 26 for each I estimate another 5yrs or so...

One of them kindly accepted and published my advert later when I asked an administrator and received this explanation; I'm not sure the other replied. Administrators are labelled, I think, in their post headers aren't they?

It seems that this is to encourage genuine members for subsequent forum trade.

I decided to bite the bullet and not offer meaningless drivel just to raise my post count...but :confused:

ps I just tried to list my original advert but I got this message: Script call malformed. Some actions require you to be logged in. Please verify you are logged in and try the link again. If you continue to have problems please notify your Administrator. despite being asked to log in a couple of times. User friendly or not?

#4 · (Edited)
Ah...my mistake Caveman.
There must be another reason for me, then, but Jonny_5 needs at least 15 posts before he can advertise.
Thanks for the clarification.

edit: Thanks if an administrator saw this post of our troubles to make the 'classified' site work.
I've managed to post my Wagner FMIC for R56 N18 LCI MCS for sale. Brilliant; thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.