MINI Cooper Forum banner

MINI Customer Support - Spec list via VIN number

16K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chris0074 
#1 ·
I emailed MINI support the other day to try and find out how I would go about obtaining the specification list for my used Mini so that I know exactly what features my car had from the factory and which have been added since.

There response was as follows;

"I can confirm that we now only offer this service by telephone call. For all vehicle specification checks please call 0906 209 0001 for the dedicated Vehicle Information Team, who will provide you with full vehicle specifications and details of MINI Approved Dealership visits.

The service is available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm and Saturdays 9am to 5pm. Please be aware that calls to this line will be charged at the rate of £1 per minute. The premium rate line reflects the cost to MINI of providing this service.

Thank you again for your email. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me again."

I'm not really sure how I feel about this but I guess someone has got to pay there wages...

Anyhow I thought this may help any UK customers who are trying to find out the spec of there used Mini :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Go and ask a dealer (preferably the one who supplied it if they are local) - that's who I did but by sheer luck as the original dealership had changed hands.

They printed out the order sheet and then put me onto the delaership who had fitted the JCW kit before delivery and they tlaked through a load of stuff with me.

Very impressed and surprised.

There are some websites that can do this if you have the VIN, mine was pre private purchase so I could only use the reg no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.