MINI Cooper Forum banner

gtt induction

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  rob955triumph 
#1 ·
hi chaps,has anyone fitted a GTT INDUCTION KIT to there cooper s??,i have a R53 JCW and am thinking of fitting a kit to it but was wondering is there a significant power gain??,is it worth the monies or as there blurb ses,fitting just the filter gives 5 bhp extra??,anyone help??

#3 ·
hi chaps,has anyone fitted a GTT INDUCTION KIT to there cooper s??,i have a R53 JCW and am thinking of fitting a kit to it but was wondering is there a significant power gain??
So the JCW Tuning Kit on your car isn't an upgraded one with the JCW airbox and larger fuel injectors?

The GTT intake isn't really completely inclosed.

Not much to be gained from an intake.

#4 ·
yes,my mini has the jcw airbox etc,but was wondering if fitting an induction kit would be worth it,i read there ad on ebay where the kit is £189+vat/pp,and they say an increase of 5/12 bhp???,now,if it WAS 12,it would be worth it,which you can only tell on a rolling road..hmmmmm,have to think bout this

#7 ·
#9 ·
hi,thanks for that,i had a good chat with rick (i think) at orranje,and he told me im wasting my time with the full airbox kit,just use the itg filter,change s/c pulley,new belt and remove box flap,sounds like a really nice guy,like all those on here,very helpful,once again..many thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.