MINI Cooper Forum banner

Drivers windows help

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  quadmaniac 
#1 ·
Hello first post.

I'm looking for some help. I've just bought a 55 plat R50 Cooper.

There is an issue with the drivers window.

The window itself is very loose creating wind noise and there is a rattle coming from the rear of the door. Additionally the window isn't dropping when you open the door.

I've tried the hold the button for 5 seconds reset and this hasn't fixed the dropping issue. I have noticed something very strange however. The drivers window switch seems to be reversed. Push it down for the window to go up and up to go down. Additionally if the window is fully open it goes through the window dropping motion in reverse when you open the door.

Meaning window fully down - open door - window moves up a few millimetres. Close door and it drops a few millimetres.

I have seen a video on YouTube of someone loosening and turning the window motor housing to reverse the polarity. Is this what I need to do? Or is there another solution?

The loose window - is there anything I can do with the regulator to tighten this up or is it a regulator replacement job? If so where is the best place to source one?

Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction with this.

Cheers

Scott

See less See more
#2 ·
I would remove the door panel & check all the bolts are there and tight on the regulater first, they can be adjusted to get it to close tight. The other problem seems strange like someone has fitted the electrics the wrong way round, removing the door panel and having a look in there may also reveal this problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.