MINI Cooper Forum banner

first and LAST mini

889 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  percymon 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
totally get that, its totally my luck to get the dud.

My local Cooper dealer really looks after me and are a pleasure to deal with, I just feel I've visited them too often!

Sure others don't have issues with their minis but for me this car has completely put me off

#4 ·
You've not had the best of experiences by the sounds of it - 17" wheels and sport suspension are going to be pretty firm to say the least; I see a lot of R56s on 17 and 18 wheels theses days - look nice, but on the UK's pock marked roads its not a greta combo IMO.

My partners R56 Cooper is only on the 16" run flat Chili pack option and thats pretty firm, it rides much better on the 15" non run flat winter alloy wheels n tyres. In fact i'd say the handling is better too, as the suspension reacts more quickly to the road surface (lighter wheels) and the car is thrown around a lot less.

DPF is wear n tear i'm afraid, the rattles and suspension component wear probably sympamatic of the suspension/wheel combo. The brake pads is not acceptable though, I'd have written to MINI customer services but probably too much time has elapsed now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.