MINI Cooper Forum banner

The R50 rides again

2K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  minione2002 
#1 ·
Today I returned the R50 to the road after being parked up for the last 6 months in the garage. All it needed for its MOT was some air in its NSF tyre and it passed with a clean sheet. I think I should really use this car more as it only done 3978 since its last MOT!

I also upgraded the interior and foot well lights to led to match the rest of the fleet and gave it a good bubble bath to wash the dust off :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
He'll yeah!! @SeanC

She looks amazing and you have the multi function steering wheel!!! Damn!!!

My 2002 mini one passed her last mot except for a bald back tyre which is now new or kind of new

If she shines like that from only a wash I need to really polish my car wink wink :)

#11 ·
Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your kind words matey, the interior is mint and so is the rest of the car to be honest apart from a few stone chips on the bonnet and blistering on the alloy wheels which are easy fixes in a paint shop.

I bought the car in 2014 as a modern project to take a break from classic cars and since buying it I've spent a small fortune on it and glad I did as I enjoyed every minute as these cars are a pleasure to work on compared to other cars I've worked on in my time :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.