MINI Cooper Forum banner

Rear arch plastic trim

13K views 92 replies 6 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
I noticed a little scuff mark on the rear wheel arch trim where I think it's been bashed as I was in a shopping car park. It's just bent the edge ever so slightly. Now could I glue it down rather than buy a whole new piece? Also how easy is a piece to remove and replace? What tools would I need?

Thanks

Rob

#6 ·
The trim pieces sit on the plastic clips you have to slide the trim towards the back of the car and pull out slightly at the same time
Sounds like you're describing the trim that goes along the length of the sills (under the door).

Thanks, what about using some glue for the end of it, it's only raised slightly
Do it properly, get some new clips.

#14 ·
1. Why wouldn't it be?
2. Why? You were just wanting to re-attach your old trim!

So that's £35 for 2nd hand trim and £8.65 x 2 for clips.
£52.30

A brand new trim is only £45 from the dealer and it comes with clips :big_grin:

You must be trolling us right?

#16 ·
Bit of a hostile response that. Only asking a question. The old trim is okay but it has a slight bevel at the end near the bumper.

So I was looking at replacing it. The nearest dealership is quite far, so I may see if it's possible to order it online or something.

#22 ·
I've already stated the dealership price (approx), £45 and it includes clips, this is cheaper than your 2nd hand trim + clips

Try Cotswold MINI
They deliver to your door AND I've been keeping an eye on the prices they charge.... they're cheaper than my local dealership who I have to drive to.

They used to be on here, but not any more.

This thread is getting a bit long for a piece of trim, not forgetting the 2nd thread too.
Need help with your shoe laces?

#26 ·
You must forgive me Johnny, I've been up to my neck in R55's and R50's for the last few weeks. Maybe clips will sort this lad out but then again maybe not. My sills are damaged underneath so they are the first trim parts to be replaced but the problem is trying to find time to work on my own car lol

#29 ·
Got my new clips and taking off the trim was easy. Just needed to be more confident. However the previous owner decided to use black glue on each of the screws and end hole towards the bumper.

Any ideas how to remove it. I've gotten most off with some effort. Just wondering if I could use a chemical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.