MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini ONE - Can I purchase a grill from a Mini Cooper and fit it on my one?

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  danboy24 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have a mini one and am wanting to customise it slightly. I have already had my alloys pained gloss black, but am now wondering if I can purchase a genuine mini. Proper grill and fit it to my mini?- would it be the right size?
Cheers
L

#5 ·
Hi

I'd like to replace the chrome front grill on my 2012 Cooper Diesel but I'm having trouble sourcing one that will fit. I found one on eBay which looked right and the measurements were the same as the existing grill, but when I installed it you could see it wasn't right. The corners bent in too much and there was a gap at the top.

I then got in touch with MiniSport.com and gave them my registration and chassis numbers. After some research they came back to me and said they were unable to get the black mesh grill for my model, just the chrome one I already have?

Do any of you guys know the right part for my car and where I can buy one from?

#7 ·
We have 2013 SD R56 LCI and when we bought it, my wife didn't liked the black honeycomb front grille from JCW kit, so I had to replaceed with chrome one from mini cooper (she drives it, she likes it). This was a direct replacement without any modification on bumper or bonnet. So I can see tomorrow if there is a serial number on our black honeycomb front grille from JCW kit.(Perhaps you bought for the R56 and not for R56 LCI because there is the difference in front bumpers).

#8 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm new to Mini's so is an LCI the post 2010 model R56? It'd be good if you could check the part number CooperR, though seeing as you have the SD (and mine's just the D) I assume the part numbers will be different?

How can I get the Mini parts catalogue Sean? Is it available on line to download?

Thanks again.

#10 ·
As I said before I put on the front chrome grille from your model the cooper R56 LCI to our SD R56 LCI without any modifications to the bumper or bonnet.
A serial number for black honeycomb front grille is 51 11 0 442 012 this is for R56 LCI. You can check on realoem.com the link what SeanC gave you.

#11 ·
Thanks again guys. Have found the part on line and will order shortly

Cheers also for the link to realoem.com. These hyperlinks don't appear as being selectable on my browser (underlined or different colour) so had no way of seeing what they were. It was only because Cooper R used ".com" that I realised what it was. The link in Sean's post #6 simply reads as part of the sentence, so without running my cursor over every word I wouldn't have known

Thanks again

#12 ·
Looks like this part won't fit directly onto my car;

Thank you for your recent email, please let me advise that these grilles are only listed for the MINI’s with JCW body kit fitted.
They can be retro fit to the car but they are not listed to suit the car. For your car officially there is only the chrome grilles available from the factory.

Does anyone know what's involved in retro fitting the black mesh grill to a non JCW body kit car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.