1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  NigelK 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a 02 cooper s
the seatbelt light on dash is on all the time
with the keys out of car doors locked lt. still on
it does kill batt. over several days

#5 ·
the chase

so far have removed seats , checked all plug-ins , removed center console and lower dash .

from looks and feel of things so far there will not be much of this car i do not dis-assemble and check over or replace in near future ( it did sit in one spot for past 6 years ) even though it does drive nice

#6 ·
so far have removed seats , checked all plug-ins , removed center console and lower dash .

from looks and feel of things so far there will not be much of this car i do not dis-assemble and check over or replace in near future ( it did sit in one spot for past 6 years ) even though it does drive nice
Have you ran a diagnostic check on the SRS system to see if there is a fault in that circuit?

#8 ·
My seatbelt light comes on briefly when the car starts and then goes out after seconds, pretty much immediately. Regardless as to whether I've put the seatbelt on or not. So I can drive off with no seatbelt. No light, no beeping, nothing. Wondering why.
Hope you get it sorted seh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.