MINI Cooper Forum banner

Exhaust/manifold

804 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SamRyanR50 
#1 ·
Ive currently got the play mini front pipe and rear silencer fitted, however i'd like a bit more noise and some pops. I have heard good things about the janspeed manifold and that it gives a slightly deeper tone. The other option is to completely remove the back box and run a straight pipe through. I think this might be a bit too loud and have heard the sound can be a bit tiny? Or i may just end up doing both:) has anyone had any experience or heard anything about either? any advise or suggestions would be great as well.

#2 ·
Isn't removing the back box illegal? and it's required for the MOT? great excuse for the police to pull you over at every opportunity? probably **** every person in your street off? and TBH would probably sound terrible, I did a bit of banger racing in the late 90's, straight pipes were the norm, and they sound like loud tractors, I really don't think it will give you a nice sound you are looking for, is it de-cat at present?

#5 ·
i Had a cooper s 2003.

with 257hp it spun the wheels in 4th lol heat was her biggest issue, i melted the cat and blew the manifold on a track day i replaced it with a jan speed part which immediatly broke the cat sheared off!! Utter crap!!

I wouldn't make it chav with a straight exhaust just get a quality system, miltek scorpion ETC it makes a world of difference.

removing the silencers is illegal and makes them sound like a mosquito with a stick up its arse lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.