MINI Cooper Forum banner

Been to see this... Opinions Please few cosmetic things

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  electroglidekid 
#1 ·
Hello People..

Thinking of getting back to owning a mini I went and looked at this 2007 Cooper S with the JCW aero kit. Very well specced. Had good history with a timing chain kit been fitted September last year. Lovely interior and drove well.

On the outside front fog lights are very faded due to water getting in. Are these easily replaceable or is it a bumber off job ?
Black plastic trim very faded in places and did look at bit tatty to be honest. IS there any good stuff that will bring a good even black colour back and will actually last ?

On a car of this age would expect stone chips which this does have but they have not been touched up and are turning a little rust coloured. The bumper even appeared to have the lacquer sort of bubbling in places. Perhaps I am being a bit too critical as it is still 10 years old. The couple are in their late 50s and were very genuine. I have left a small deposit and need to let them know tomorrow morning If I am having it or not.

Advert link here

MINI Hatch 1.6 Cooper S 3dr

See less See more
#6 ·
Bmw Mini Mk 2 Cooper/Cooper S/Clubman/Roadster Pair Of Fog Lights | eBay
the above link is bottom fog/sides common issue bumper off it best option as a royal main in arse to hold the bottom of bumper plastic down enough to get it there,
the black plastic trim on them best way is heat gun just be careful not to hold it to long on one point keep it moving it causes a reaction in the plastic like when plastic is made so comes back like new plastic i do this all the time to all my cars i do up etc.
the rusty stone chip get some rust cure and treat them before touching up with paint, after touching up i leave the paint for a few days then lightly 1200 grip and polish up with polishing machine and freclar compound

#7 ·
It looks very nice, I understand your concerns ref the issues you mention.
I'm super critical (annoyingly) and I inspect any vehicle I'm considering to purchase meticulously.
However, as you acknowledge, it is a 10 year old car.
If you want an automatic, it seems like a decent purchase to me. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.