As mentioned earlier (in a post now moved to somewhere in cyberspace) I've just bought a MINI Cooper (2nd hand, from a friend) on Saturday. Its lovely, I am so far really pleased with it and have actually been creating excuses to go places so I can drive it!
However, as with all MINIs (it seems) there are a few issues:
- When the car is quite hot (say, 1 hour of London traffic) I find it VERY difficult to engage reverse gear. Is this a known issue or am I doing the wrong thing? No difficulty to engage it when the car is cold.
- The lower lights on the manual a/c don't light up at night. Have I got blown bulbs or is this a design fault?
Also, is there any way to program the remote so that it closes the windows when you blipn the lock key?
Hello again, can answer 1 of those questions 4 u!
You wont be able to close the windows/sunroof with the remote as BMW think this is unsafe or something, you will have to put key in lock and turn clockwise-this wil shut all windows and sunroof and also alarm the car (if you have 1). Though on the Renault Megane if you have left all the windows open and press the remote button (twice I think) It will close all windows and deadlock all the doors.
All your posts are still on MINI2, some might have been moved into the 'correct' forum. Click the 'search' button under your posts and you can find all your posts in one go, if you've lost any.
1) Problems with reverse gear on the 5 speed are fairly common, could be the gear linkage playing up, could be nothing serious. Something I'd live with if I could (and we did with our MINI One) and report next time you're at the dealers.
2) Sounds like blown lights? Not sure what you mean though, do you mean the bottom half of the dial is in darkness?
3) No, cant be done (well technically it can, I've seen it) but MINI wont do it for 'safety' reasons.
I agree with Pauls comments on the gear box issue that you should report it to the dealer next time you are in. Any idea which dealer you are going to use? there is a dealer feed back forum on this site which may help.
Do you have any pics of where the light comes on?
And yes I am sure you can control the window closure but its true that BMW have a safety issue?? strange i know because you can do it on some models? or was that on the Mercs??
Also have a look at the bottom of my sig for the next MMM Run
Does my @rse look big in this broom broom www.totalMINI.com will be right back
Book in in advance. Most dealers are working several weeks in arrears so if you do 200-300 miles a week then book it in now and you will probably get a spot in 2 or 3 weeks, this will mean that you get services almost on the 0 mark of the count down. My dealer said around a 3 week wait period to get cars in for work/services I imagine most are similar.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.