MINI Cooper Forum banner

Cambelt Change

68K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Cooper boy 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Iv just purchased a mini cooper 0n a 51plate and it has nearly a hundred thousand on the clock i was wondering what is the recommended milleage/age to change the belt if anybody can help i would really appreciate it :)

Thanks.

#11 ·
with me being a 20 yr old girl who is a swimming teacher, lifeguard and at uni doin a degree in graphic design i think im quite caple of payin sum smacked up mechanic like u flakey to ***** for me n do wt i tell u2 do to my car so i **** giv a scrotem wt u think :biggrin:

#13 ·
With the attitude you've shown to DaFlake on here you may struggle to get any further help from members here who've read this thread.

He is a highly respected member of this and other forums and will go out of his way to help people whenever he can.

Do you address people you meet in real life with the same attitude you've shown on here :confused:

#14 ·
dont u start!
he tuk the the attitude with me im just sticking up for myself, i can see why he thinks hes so special being a highly respected member there was no need for him/her to even post on this thread as u had already answered my Qustion and my reply was directed at you!
there are many many mini forums i could register with and from my 1st thread on here being such a bad experience maybe that is a good idea mainly for me as flake is arogant!
and no im more than liklely one of the nicest ppl u cud eva meet i have a wide circle of friends and a high reputation but will not tolerate ppl thinking they can just go around putting ppl in there place like they own the place.

thankyou for your time, goodbye.

#15 ·
Not a bit arrogant at all. I neither knew you were a girl nor did I care. I actually was trying to be helpful but you immediately responded with a crass and ugly response. I'm sorry if my first post came across to you as arrogant, but I did not deserve to be treated the way you treated me.

So, if you are still looking for answers, I am willing to help but you do need to check your attitude at the door.

#17 ·
Serious attitude problem this one. Just joined the site looking for this particular question but foundr this your lady with a chip on her shoulder as big as a house. Not good. I must say I didnt know the recent mini were chain and not belt....do now. Cheers folks. And hey, watch out for those nasty little pixies from Blighty with that attitude :)

#18 ·
Only chains for petrol cars, diesel have belts but something like 150k intervals, although there is no guarantee they'll last that long

#20 ·
I know it is an old thread but I would like to thank the first two posters, you answered my question!
no not totally the 1.6hdi psa engine has got a chain as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.