MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini jacking points

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Angib 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I had a slight incident today whilst driving home, with fresh snow on the road and roadworks taking place, I managed to hit a huge hole in or slightly off the road at about 4kph. I could feel this was a larger hit than I had experienced before, and when I arrived round the corner in my garage, I inspected to find the small plastic jacking point was loose and some minor structural damage had occurred, although I have not looked in depth at the damage yet.

I was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice as to how to repair these jacking points. I have now totally ripped my jacking point off, and having searched these forums and others, I have come across a replacement jacking point from TSW I believe the name of the company was, trouble is they don't seem to deliver to Europe.

Does anybody know where to get hold of these kind of parts or a better/stronger replacement jacking point? I was quite shocked to see the whole jacking point made from plastic, before removing it I had assumed it was a plastic casing!

Thanks in advance for any advice here :)

#2 ·
if you cannot find a source in europe, i could ship you a "birthday present" from the usa

we can work out payment details if/when necessary

scott

#5 ·
A new one from a dealer is £11 here, so maybe €20 in Norway?

It's almost a benefit that they snap off, as it is a lot cheaper to replace them than fix the underbody. But the one time I did that on my last Mini, I kept thinking I could hear the broken-off bit rattling around inside the sill - though I doubt that could be true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.