MINI Cooper Forum banner

Maintenance for mini JCW 09

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  marcopolo07 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

New to here..

(FYI i posted some pics of my mini on the new members form)

Now that i am an owner of this Mini, i would like the keep it up to its top shape. I understand that after time, performance decreases, but with constant maintenance top performance is achieved.

So far I have not done any maintenance. The show room said they did the oil change but did not have the tools to reset the light for it. So every time i crank up the beast i see the service light on and the miles increase. Tires are good, run-flat on them. Brakes seem to screech every so often, with the usual brake dust...by the way, is there any brakes that do not emit dust. Hate the fact that after one day of washing and detailing the car i see brake dust.... Haven't checked air filter.

...So my question is. I am wondering if it is time for a service maintenance or wait till the usual miles it requires to change oil??? Currently it has 59k miles. And when i take it to get service, what do i ask so they can check everything (performance, brakes, air, oil, and transmission fluid, and gas)???? Like I said i want to keep my JCW in top shape.

Im thinking about doing it soon. So i need to all the help i need.
Hopefully i haven't bored anyone.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.