MINI Cooper Forum banner

The best oil to use??? In r 56 cooper s

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mrfyzv 
#1 ·
I now use castrol edge 00-40 new stuff. Is this the best oil?

#7 ·
I am a mechanic by profession and i used the Red line oil in my Mini Cooper.It works better in my car and i also used it in other cars.Oils are all a like but it depends only on the mileage of car.So you can also use it in your Mini.But i advise you to change your oil for every 3000 miles so it give you a comfortable drive.

Reactions: FCBo
#8 ·
Recent trip to dealer with my 06 S, beckoned by that yellow SES timer resulted in a 2nd Oxy sensor (1st faulty) under warr, but also yielded a page of "recommendeds" totalling $3700, 2 of which were oil leaks - oilpan & crank position sensor O ring - which I opted to do. However, on way home saw that "oil life" hadn't been reset with 12K remaining, which got me thinking: if it was clean/new looking was I sure they'd installed new, and could this be why no reset of life? I also use "Restore" in my vehicles, as old habit, so was that gone? Since there was no oil item on invoice called next day & was told new oil was 5 w 30 "Mini oil," so I wonder if anyone here knows who makes this or anything else about it, as underhood recommendation is Castrol. Is this a cost saving "house oil?" Dealer's not close or I'd go ask...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.