Independant mini garage London - recommendations pls! - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > MINI Technical Forums > Maintenance & MINI Care


Maintenance & MINI Care
Find Sponsor products associated with this forum
Questions and advice on keeping your MINI in top shape, from engine oil to body wax

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini HQ - Terrible ethics for the customer. jobforacowgirl Dealership Feedback 11 May 22nd, 2014 05:36 AM
New 14 plate Mini Cooper SD Coupe Nightmare Kickboxkel Welcome New Members 6 May 21st, 2014 10:06 AM
Brooklands Mini Day Sunday, March 24, 2013 mab01uk Mini Events 11 Apr 5th, 2013 06:11 PM
Independant mini specialist garage Mold north Wales Chester area Kevin450 Maintenance & MINI Care 6 Feb 12th, 2013 11:43 PM
Mini Australia service chilld Dealership Feedback 4 Sep 4th, 2012 05:29 AM

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:31 PM
whimsy53's Avatar
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom
Independant mini garage London - recommendations pls!

Hello. I bought a 2003 mini cooper when I started driving two years ago. Unfortunately, my beloved mini is having issues with the engine coolant (keeps leaking but I can't see where), aircon not working at all (had it charged last July so again, a leak somewhere) plus the engine fan has recently decided it will keep coming on when I'm driving at around 15-20 miles/hr (ah, London traffic!) or right after I park and turn off the engine. I contacted Mini Spire garage in Kentish Town and they said they would charge 144 per hour, with an estimated two hours, just to look into the problems. So that's nearly 300 without knowing how unlimited the costs will be to fix my poor, ill mini.

So, can anyone please recommend any independent garages which have good mini specific diagnostic capabilities and will not charge me a fortune? I live in east London but happy to travel for the right mechanic!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 09:14 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 9
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom
A Reeve Performance in King's Lynn are brilliant. A bit of a trek for you but I'd say worth the travelling.

I can't post a link to his website as I've not posted enough, but if you Google it you'll get it.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 03:55 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: London
Posts: 8
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
I was told that Croydon Mini has good reports, I took my car there for clutch check and Mike and Russell are very helpful and friendly.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 05:51 PM
MINI2 Master
Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South london
Posts: 1,190
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by boymuic (original)
I was told that Croydon Mini has good reports, I took my car there for clutch check and Mike and Russell are very helpful and friendly.


There cow boys and very very dishonest would not touch them with a long stick with poooo on it.

If you are a surrey new mini member SVG Dorking do good work and used to do a good rate for members.
But I don't know if this is to far for you
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 09:06 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: London
Posts: 8
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by marque (original)
There cow boys and very very dishonest would not touch them with a long stick with poooo on it.

If you are a surrey new mini member SVG Dorking do good work and used to do a good rate for members.
But I don't know if this is to far for you

are we talking about the same one? croydonminisonline.co.uk here is the one I went to.

Whatabout 1320 in Cambridge? I'm so new to mini and i'm looking for a place to change my clutch.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 10:45 PM
MINI2 Master
Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South london
Posts: 1,190
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by boymuic (original)
are we talking about the same one? croydonminisonline.co.uk here is the one I went to.

Whatabout 1320 in Cambridge? I'm so new to mini and i'm looking for a place to change my clutch.

thanks

Hi ya

Sorry I thought you meant bmw Mini Cooper Croydon am bad :-(
As for croydonminisonline.co.uk
I here they have a good rep but I think there more original mini stuff not so much the bmw mini, I would say with the bmw mini you really need so one that is up to speed and in the groove with them
1320 are top notch there are a mini torque sponsor, and are very good if you can get a slot but well worth the trip, 1320 have customers that will travel from Europe for work.

Hope this helps and sorry
Reply With Quote
Thanks for this post from:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 07:40 AM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: London
Posts: 8
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by marque (original)
There cow boys and very very dishonest would not touch them with a long stick with poooo on it.

If you are a surrey new mini member SVG Dorking do good work and used to do a good rate for members.
But I don't know if this is to far for you

Quote: Originally Posted by marque (original)
Hi ya

Sorry I thought you meant bmw Mini Cooper Croydon am bad :-(
As for croydonminisonline.co.uk
I here they have a good rep but I think there more original mini stuff not so much the bmw mini, I would say with the bmw mini you really need so one that is up to speed and in the groove with them
1320 are top notch there are a mini torque sponsor, and are very good if you can get a slot but well worth the trip, 1320 have customers that will travel from Europe for work.

Hope this helps and sorry

Hi, you almost had me heart attack b/c my car was with them and I'm going to pick it up today ... anyway i'm going to book a clutch change with 1320 but it's so difficult to get a hold of them, I tried to ring them all day yesterady and noone picked up...just need to keep trying.

thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 09:56 PM
MINI2 Master
Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South london
Posts: 1,190
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by boymuic (original)
Hi, you almost had me heart attack b/c my car was with them and I'm going to pick it up today ... anyway i'm going to book a clutch change with 1320 but it's so difficult to get a hold of them, I tried to ring them all day yesterady and noone picked up...just need to keep trying.

thank you.

Hi ya

Must apologise for that :-(

1320 are hard to get hold of but are very good just keep trying
Hope it all work out :-)
Reply With Quote
Thanks for this post from:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Dermottdog's Avatar
MINI2 Regular
Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kent
Posts: 231
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by marque (original)
Hi ya

Sorry I thought you meant bmw Mini Cooper Croydon am bad :-(
As for croydonminisonline.co.uk
I here they have a good rep but I think there more original mini stuff not so much the bmw mini, I would say with the bmw mini you really need so one that is up to speed and in the groove with them
1320 are top notch there are a mini torque sponsor, and are very good if you can get a slot but well worth the trip, 1320 have customers that will travel from Europe for work.

Hope this helps and sorry


Have to disagree here. Cooper Croydon has given me nothing but excellent service. Took them a while to fix an intermittent CANBUS door mirror fault but all fixed in the end. I think there is good and bad in all garages, big or small. It all depends on your experience on the day that your car goes in.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM
MINI2 Master
Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South london
Posts: 1,190
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by Dermottdog (original)
Have to disagree here. Cooper Croydon has given me nothing but excellent service. Took them a while to fix an intermittent CANBUS door mirror fault but all fixed in the end. I think there is good and bad in all garages, big or small. It all depends on your experience on the day that your car goes in.


Hi ya

I am glad you are happy with them, unfortunately I can go In To details due to legal reason. I would love to tell you and show you, but as I say due to legal stuff I will not. And I am not the only person
Please just be careful I am only trying to help out.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Dermottdog's Avatar
MINI2 Regular
Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kent
Posts: 231
Local Time: 07:58 PM
United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by marque (original)
Hi ya

I am glad you are happy with them, unfortunately I can go In To details due to legal reason. I would love to tell you and show you, but as I say due to legal stuff I will not. And I am not the only person
Please just be careful I am only trying to help out.

It's fine. But forums are all about opinions as you know and I can only speak for myself. I am happy to continue to use them. They also fitted my DRL. Again, no dramas.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini HQ - Terrible ethics for the customer. jobforacowgirl Dealership Feedback 11 May 22nd, 2014 05:36 AM
New 14 plate Mini Cooper SD Coupe Nightmare Kickboxkel Welcome New Members 6 May 21st, 2014 10:06 AM
Brooklands Mini Day Sunday, March 24, 2013 mab01uk Mini Events 11 Apr 5th, 2013 06:11 PM
Independant mini specialist garage Mold north Wales Chester area Kevin450 Maintenance & MINI Care 6 Feb 12th, 2013 11:43 PM
Mini Australia service chilld Dealership Feedback 4 Sep 4th, 2012 05:29 AM

» Recent Threads
Key scratch to body work - Edinburgh
Today 06:31 PM
by Dudlg0
Last post by Dudlg0
Today 06:31 PM
0 Replies, 25 Views
MINI Remote Central Locking Won't Unlock
Today 05:33 PM
by KrisL
Last post by KrisL
Today 05:33 PM
0 Replies, 31 Views
help needed for choosing the tensioner
Today 05:13 PM
by tianfa1
Last post by tianfa1
Today 05:13 PM
0 Replies, 46 Views
R56 Footwell module dead
Jul 15th, 2014 04:19 AM
by miniuy
Last post by yourmate
Today 04:19 PM
7 Replies, 1,336 Views
MOT Advisories - Would you buy this car?
Today 01:34 PM
Last post by RoomForFour
Today 01:34 PM
0 Replies, 106 Views
Annoying vibration in the dashboard
Feb 14th, 2012 12:38 AM
Last post by ryanharris
Today 01:01 PM
8 Replies, 3,253 Views
LED Daytime running lights - retro fit
Apr 15th, 2014 06:08 PM
Last post by french01
Today 12:57 PM
7 Replies, 1,471 Views
What Sat nav cd do I need?
Today 11:47 AM
Last post by uk_ricky_uk
Today 11:55 AM
1 Replies, 88 Views
Paint warrenty
Today 10:16 AM
by Peter85
Last post by The Nun
Today 11:52 AM
1 Replies, 109 Views
Drivers door actuator, fitment?
Oct 6th, 2014 05:13 PM
Last post by uk_ricky_uk
Today 11:49 AM
2 Replies, 456 Views
Misfiring R55 JCW engine in 6th gear between 2k-3k RPM with throttle wide open
Oct 21st, 2014 10:30 AM
Last post by Mr Muffin
Today 11:00 AM
8 Replies, 828 Views
R56 Aux and Usb
Today 10:41 AM
by Redevo
Last post by Redevo
Today 10:41 AM
0 Replies, 98 Views
Sprintbooster for MINI Cooper R56
May 14th, 2009 04:29 PM
Last post by Gacek191
Today 07:41 AM
9 Replies, 3,501 Views
I need a tool to flash a JCW map to my 04 MCS ECU
Yesterday 09:42 PM
Last post by djtmalta
Yesterday 10:36 PM
2 Replies, 260 Views
Electric window stopped working
Jul 6th, 2006 03:48 PM
Last post by regarp
Yesterday 06:22 PM
34 Replies, 66,012 Views
Bonnet touching body
Aug 15th, 2014 03:47 PM
Last post by The Nun
Yesterday 03:58 PM
3 Replies, 480 Views
Facebook page selling mini parts around the uk
Yesterday 11:50 AM
by Alex93x
Last post by Restyle
Yesterday 03:25 PM
2 Replies, 178 Views
New Mini Cooper D - Worth the money?
Yesterday 01:33 PM
Last post by dangoodwin
Yesterday 01:33 PM
0 Replies, 166 Views
Mini Clubman Barn Doors Won't Lock
Oct 22nd, 2014 03:51 AM
Last post by WeeBad
Yesterday 01:03 PM
3 Replies, 449 Views
inside lights
Oct 23rd, 2014 11:19 PM
Last post by bigmamabear
Oct 23rd, 2014 11:19 PM
0 Replies, 201 Views
» Premium
» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.1

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2