MINI Cooper Forum banner

Looking for Mini-experienced mechanic / garage

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  halesowenmum 
#1 ·
Hi. Am sure I had my thermostat changed last year but once again if I'm stuck in traffic I have to refill the expansion chamber the next day before I do my next journey because invariably its completely empty.. I'm driving to and around Wakes in about ten days and don't want to be stuck driving a car, worrying because I can hear things bubbling under the bonnet. I'd like to get it to someone who properly knows what they are doing (it's bad enough paying for the endless work this car needs but I can't afford for my money to go to someone who is guessing what the solution is). So I'm looking for a recommendation for a garage, mechanic, mobile mechanic in or around the Halesowen area who will know what needs doing. I feel it may have air inside, that the expansion chamber could be leaky, and it could probably do with a good flush through. Any idea what that all could cost? I ask because I've just spent £400+ on it for two tires, MOT, track rod, tracking, adjust headlights, repair non working passenger door etc etc.

I also wouldn't mind at some point paying someone to show me how to do my own brake pads as well as that always costs a small fortune. But miffed at having to replace two tyres which had worn unevenly only because last work I had done (at a garage I had hitherto trusted) had let me take the car without advising me that the track rod on one side had seized and couldn't be adjusted so I've been driving it round for months with the tracking totally out.

Any help with any recommendations would be really great.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.