MINI Cooper Forum banner

Wheelarch carpet liner

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  KarenTMonn 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem with the bit of carpet that lines the Wheelarch? Mine is constantly popping out from the trim and it is annoying me. Any ideas on how to stop it?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Theres either a clip missing or the liner has been caught and pulled at sometime distorting it?
If it distorted you could try fixing it locally using exterior grade double sided sticky pads available from Halfrauds or the like (similar to what they use to hold car badges/trim on with) and stick some on the rear of the liner and press them onto the body/arch behind to hold it in place?

#4 ·
Shouldnt be though should it? Its designed to keep the muck out of the area between the liner and body behind and it wont do if it doesnt fit properly.

Its one of those things that fitted ok to start with and then the garage has to remove the liner say to get at the washer bottle pump etc and never fits it back properly and then it deforms to stay in that shape permanently.

They never were able to refit the cover back properly on my pollen filter, it always fell off again after a service, yet with a little patience it fits perfectly.
Its either due inexperienced spotty faced mechanics or a rush job or both. :hmph:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.