MINI Cooper Forum banner

Fog light fitting

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Angib 
#1 ·
Hi,6 weeks ago I bought a Mini Cooper D 2010 red/white with bonnet stripes & I absolutely love it,but it seems to be a really basic model with no front fog lights :( Now I think BMW would charge me an arm & a leg to supply & fit! Has any one ever fitted them them selves ? I would of thought the wiring is there for them already maybe? But I will need new side light/fog light units & a switch for the dash.? Can anyone help & advise? Thank for your in put so far.

#3 ·
Also while the wiring may be there (it's not guaranteed, as Mini use custom wiring harnesses per car), the switches only come in a complete set and your Mini has ECU-controlled electrics, so all the switch does is tell the ECU to switch on the lights - there isn't a direct cable from switch to lights. So even if the wiring is there, and you get everything installed, you will need to get a dealer to re-code the car's ECU for the fog lights. This is creeping into a cost of hundreds - do you want fog lights that much?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.