MINI Cooper Forum banner

Bi-Xenon Headlight adjustment ?

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cooper R 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am getting a warning light for my adaptive headlights, also the lights are very low when driving at night unless on high beam. How do I adjust these? The car is a 13 SD

#2 ·
Instructions in Bentley's Service Manual
Fill fuel tank, correct tyre pressures, replace faulty bulbs, park on lever ground, load drivers seat with approx 165lbs/75kg. Switch lights on wait approx 80 seconds for self leveling to stabilise. Two adjusting screws A and B. A primarily vertical adjustment, B primarily horizontal adjustment but both effect both planes of adjustment. B possibly a hex screw and it just behind the headlight near the wing. A is nearly parrallel to B and almost the headlight width away.
Now the strange thing is it doesn't say what you use to aim, in the past I have had chalk marks on my garage door as per a manuals description. Haynes manual is even worse it just says take it to the dealer.

#3 ·
First prepare the car as SteveM3 said then :

1. Measure the height from the middle of the light to the floor, than deduct from this height 5cm and mark it on the wall.
2. Move from the wall 6m.
3. At this distance the light on the wall should be 5cm lower than the initial measured height, and that is a drop of -1.2%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.