MINI Cooper Forum banner

Rear Washer not working

16K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I know there's been some discussion on rear washers not working in the past, but none sound like my problem exactly!

When selecting the rear washer, you hear the motor working but no fluid. There's no fluid on the ground and none in the car. The front work OK.....but i'll get to that later.
I removed the rear lining and pulled off the hose to the rear nozzle. Tried to scoosh again, but nothing came out. So it would seem to make sense that no water is getting to the back end. The bottle if proper full under the bonnet.
I read somewhere that it might be the relay. As one does the front and the other the rear. So I swapped them over. No luck. Front still works, back doesn't.

Ata bit of a loss now!!!!

Anyone any ideas?

It's a 2010 Mini Cooper.

Oh forgot to say.......

The front washer is great in short bursts, but if you keep it on for any length of time (more than a 1/2 second) the pressure drops!!!
Could that be related??

Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
You will need to trace the fault right back to the motor buddy. You started off doing the right thing by checking in the tailgate so your next step it to get to the washer bottle and pull the pipe off and see if screenwash shoots out direct from the motor. This will determine if you have a blocked pipe...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Sean

I got the wheel off, pulled back the arch lining and removed the hose off the pump to the rear scoosh. The pump worked correctly and water came out. I then reattached the hose and went back to trying the stalk to get water on the back window. After a a while I did get a trickle then a 'jet', so not 100% sure what the problem was.

I then put everything back to normal and tried again. It took a few seconds of pumping to get the water back, but it did scoosh. Again starting with a trickle then a jet.

I tried the front again to make sure I hadn't dislodged anything there. Same issue as I noted earlier.......The power of the front scoosh is great for 1/2 second then dies off!

Could the fact the rear struggles to get water there AND the fact the front have a weak scoosh be a motor/electrical issue??

I'm no electrician

#6 ·
I'm no electrician either buddy but the motor could either be worn or there may be shyte in yer pipe lol. If you have an airline I'd maybe blow through it with this but disconnect it at the jets so you don't blow the balls off. Another thing to try is to stick a needle in the jets to ensure they are clear of crud!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.