MINI Cooper Forum banner

Diesel Fuel Filter & Blue Leds

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  MiniAlf486 
#1 ·
Hi gang, did ask this question in the diesel section but no replys!

Where will I find the fuel filter on an R50 Diesel (2006) and also can someone suggest where I can find a shop for blue led interior lights for same car??

Regards
Sparky

#3 ·
Hardly anyone in here has a Toyota buddy so their lies the problem. My diesel Minis are Peugeots and the fuel filter is under the bonnet. Have you looked under the wheel arch liner as you mentioned in your first post? It takes literally minutes to pop the liner off enough to have a peek inside.

#10 ·
Here ya go sparky ::wink::

They are easy to retro fit
- Remove door handles
- Drill a 3mm hole inside the cup of the handle where you wont see it
- Flatten the head of the bulb off with emery paper i.e take the roundness off it
- Using a hot glue gun glue the bulb in from behind the handle. The glue will dry in minutes and will be flexible
- With thin wire and a welding rod, feed the wire through the rubber trunking in the door pillar and in to the cars body then run the wire to the cig lighter light and feed in to this so that the door handles light up as soon as you turn your lights on. You will get thin wire from Maplin::wink::

Try and get plugs like this just in case you ever need to remove the door handle plus it makes the job look neat and tidy. There's nothing worse than having a car that looks like a dogs dinner behind the panels :big_grin:

Hope this helps!

#14 ·
Sean C the instrutions above is that for the blue leds in the door openers (inside car)....if so mine already has the standerd orange ones in! So surely I would just need the blue leds for there (incidently don't spose u know the correct bulbs I would need for them) lol soz mate but learning everyday ;)

#15 ·
Hi Sparky

I have just replaced the internal blubs in my R52 with blue LEDs (Not the door handle ones thought) just the footwells, and overhead lights. The map lights I have just replaced with white LEDs. I got them from Halfords they are Ring W5W (or 501) bulbs. I also got their stronger bulbs that said they were blue but they distinctly white! Hence they went in to the map lights and my boot light. I got the cheapest they had just to see what they are like. I used the video in the link to see just how easy it was.

There are loads of offers on W5W bulbs on Amazon (Wish I'd seen these before going to Halfords). They have packs of 5 or 10.

So I have a combination of orange and blue inside, which looks ok. I have switched my head unit over to blue lights to.

Taking out the time to buy the blubs the just took about 15 minutes. 10 of that was removing the overhead light ::frown::

MiniAlf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.